Today the Penguins (42-27-6) welcome the Flyers of Philadelphia (38-25-12) to PPG Paints Area with faceoff just after 12:30PM on NBC. The Pens are coming off an overtime loss to Taylor Hall and the New Jersey Devils. The Pens were down 3-1 heading into the third period and did not look good at hockey. They then proceeded to not suck anymore and stormed back to force overtime. A few seconds into overtime Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin employed the bold strategy of letting MVP candidate Taylor Hall sit alone at the far blue line. This did not work out well for the Pens when the puck came to to Hall as he went on a breakaway like an AI on NHL and beat Murray five hole for the win.
This is a pretty big game for the Flyers as they are currently in the first wild card position with 88 points, just two points back of the Penguins with 75 games played. The Florida Panthers are the first team out of the playoffs with 81 points but only 72 games played. The Flyers season has been a roller coaster. A loss to the Penguins wouldn't knock them out of the playoffs but it obviously would not be good. There is a movement online where people actually want to see a Flyers/Penguins playoff series. To that I say F that and F U.
1. If this were the NFL, Evgeni Malkin would be getting one of those "random" PED tests after every singe game.
2. Matt Murray needs to start smiling more - He'll be in net against Flyers rookie Alex Lyon today.
3. There isn't a city on earth I hate more than Philadelphia.
4. Conor Sheary was on Spittin' Chiclets. For those of you who don't know what that it is it former Penguin legend Ryan Whitney's podcast. Sheary can't skate but it was still a good listen.
5. Don't forget to vote in our Biggest Piece of Shit Bracket - The Elite Eight will be released tonight.
6. Tom Wilson and TJ Oshie are on a collision course. No idea how you decide between those two scumbags.
7. Never forget when Claude Giroux got arrested for grabbing a cops ass.
8. Pittsburgh has scored first in all three games against the Flyers, Phil scoring first in 2 of the 3.
9. The Penguins have won 8 of their last 11 against the Flyers.
10. Rocky isn't real.
TBT. Do it.
Old Posts from our site, heyyyyyfannnssss (4/11-2/15). Cute name, but impossible to remember.