It has been 13,115 days since the New York Islanders won the Stanley Cup for the 3rd consecutive time. Tonight the Penguins begin their quest to become the first team in 35 years to match that accomplishment. Last year everyone said that the Penguins couldn't win the Stanley Cup back to back years. They said they would be too tired. They said they couldn't win without Kris Letang. Fast forward to today and many of the same things are being said. The Penguins fatigue will catch up with them. Matt Murray can't do it again. The past two seasons should've taught you two things. When the cards are on the table the Penguins find a way and never ever be against Sidney Crosby.
Tonight the Penguins will begin their run at history. Puck drop is scheduled for just after 7:00PM. Buckle up.
1. Not sure if you have heard, but the Pens and Flyers last played playoff hockey in 2012. God help us all if this series is even 1/10th as insane as that series.
2. Claude Giroux sexually assaulted a police officer
3. Sidney Crosby is going for his 4th Stanley Cup and his 3rd in a row. He knows he will never get another chance like this. He is playing for his legacy and that is a scary thought for his opponents.
4. Crosby has 93 points in 63 career games against the Flyers
5. You're gonna be more mad than you have been at any point this season during this season and it probably won't take more than 5 minutes.
6. Philadelphia is a cesspool of a city filled with scumbags. F everyone and everything from that wasteland.
7. Enjoy Jeff Jimerson singing the anthem while you can. When the series shifts to Philadelphia they will have a possum faced dirt squirrel and a beached whale sing the anthem
8. Lindros had his head down
9. Matt Murray is ready to prove all the MAF loving minions wrong. This is his time.
10. It's that time of year where you wear the same jersey every game and get mad at the family dog for trying to sit in your chair when you grab another beer during a TV timeout.
11. The Flyers goaltending is once again questionable at best. Keep that in mind when you are irate after one of their goalies steals a game at some point this series.
12. Expect Derick Brassard back in the lineup tonight for the Penguins. He's pretty good at playoff hockey.
13. Penguins. Flyers. God help us all.
Old Posts from our site, heyyyyyfannnssss (4/11-2/15). Cute name, but impossible to remember.